Website Hosting Reviews
Website hosting is a way of providing people with a place for a personal website on a certain website hosting company's servers that makes the site viewable on the internet. When deciding which website hosting company to choose, it’s helpful to read website hosting reviews.
The basis of website hosting
Before you even read website hosting reviews, you are probably asking yourself why you need website hosting. Well, imagine that you have created a personal website, and you want everyone to see it; imagine that you want to develop an e-commerce website and you want to have as many visitors as possible. This is when you most need website hosting, and why you need to read website hosting reviews..
It is true that you can place the site on your computer, but what would you do in case the internet connection fails? If you want your website to be viewable 24 hours a day, seven days a week, then a website hosting provider is the answer for you.
Several types of web hosting
Most website hosting reviews will categorize website hosting providers into five main types:
- Free shared hosting: Website hosting reviews discuss free shared website hosting. This is mostly beneficial for small personal websites. If you are a beginner in this area, shared website hosting with no fee is perfect for your non-commercial website. Unfortunately, you cannot expect to have the same technical support, disk space, PHP support, or bandwidth that other people pay for.
- Paid shared hosting: Paid shared website hosting is one of the most popular types of website hosting, according to most website hosting reviews. Small, medium, or large professional sites all use shared website hosting. A whole server costs too much, and a regular site has no need for all that space, so shared website hosting is ideal for most consumers. Besides the low costs, shared website hosting providers offer proper technical support, email, PHP, MySQL, etc. The only disadvantage is the insecurity of shared servers.
- Dedicated servers: For a large e-commerce professional website, the dedicated server website hosting is the most reliable solution. As website hosting reviews explain, this will provide you with all the necessary software; you will have a lot of space and bandwidth and all the other facilities that your website needs. The only disadvantage to dedicated website hosting appears if you are inexperienced in server administration. If that’s the case, just read website hosting reviews or forums before you make the final decision.
- Co-location: A good website hosting review would not overlook the co-location. This sub type of dedicated server allows you to share someone else’s bandwidth. It costs more than shared web hosting, as you own the hardware involved.
- Virtual private servers: The last of all the website hosting types is the virtual private server. This is a type of website hosting that is mainly based on dividing a physical server into several small virtual ones. It will give the same possibilities as a dedicated server, but the advantage is that it will cost less.
Now that we have examined all the different types of website hosting services, you can decide which type of hosting is the most suitable for you. This website hosting review site is here to help you make an informed decision.